Friday, August 26, 2011

3. 2. 1.

So the countdown begins.  Exactly one week plus a few hours left before I hang up my attorney hat and move on.  Three random things I'm looking forward to:

  1. Taking the nuggets to farmer's markets during the week and browsing the colorful produce and flowers at a leisurely pace.  And tasting samples.
  2. Trying my hand at cooking here and there.  I'm definitely no chef.  In fact, I usually stay far away from the kitchen, but sites like this really strike a chord.  All of a sudden, I have delusions of being the next Ida Gardner.  My husband wishes...
  3. Resuscitating that creative gene, which is on its last legs.  
Oh, and of course getting to hang with the two coolest and sweetest little people I know to my heart's content. Can't wait to just relax and fully embrace motherhood for a while.  The two months of bedrest prior to their arrival and the four months with them before I started working again are sort of a blur.  I want to get into a slower rhythm and soak it all in.  As my sister said, once their childhood is gone, it's gone forever.



Love baby bed head




And love gummy smiles


And I'll leave you with a few words from something that really gave me the inspiration and confirmation I've needed over the past few days:

"...you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."


No comments:

Post a Comment