Thursday, September 1, 2011

A few of my favorite things

One more day and a few more hours until my work is done here (woohoo!)... the first thing on my to do list for next week?  I want to take a nap.  Chances are, that's not going to happen since even while I was on maternity leave, I took a total of 3 naps during the entire 4 months I was off, but here's hoping.  A long, restful, bags reducing, wrinkle minimizing nap (have I mentioned how tired I am?  I'm thinking this is just how it's going to be for the rest of my life). 

Ok, so here are a few things I've been loving lately (or forever):


Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream


This has actually been my favorite hand cream for at least 4 years now.  I have this thing about greasy feeling hands or feet.  Hate it.  I've tried all sorts of hand creams out there from L'Occitane, Neutrogena, AHAVA, Kiehl's, you name it but I always come back to this one.  It's totally moisturizing and lasts for a while without feeling heavy or sticky or gross.  Right after you apply it on your hands, it sort of has a weird waxy feel but that goes away pretty quickly.


Jojoba Oil




Another staple.  I use this to take off eye makeup, add a little moisture to my skin and as sort of a leave in conditioner.  Great for dry ends.


Saint Natural- Lipstick Queen




This lipstick is super sheer and moisturizing.  It does fine without a lip balm underneath and gives you a really pretty sheer wash of a berry lip color which is totally work appropriate while brightening up your face.


Blue shoes!









Sorry for the ghetto camera phone pix, but I just had to show you my new shoes.  Hello blue shoes!  These pictures don't do them justice, but they're a really cool shade of blue, made of buttery soft Italian leather and are super duper lightweight and comfortable (no breaking in required!) annnnnd.... they were under a bill!  More pictures of these new puppies to come, perhaps with a few outfits of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment