Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tattoos

To tattoo or not to tattoo?  Back up for a second...

When you think of tattoos, at least when I do, images of the Hells Angels, society's misfits or girls baring their cheesily inked lower backs with very low riding jeans often come to mind- not attorneys/working professionals (or now retired professionals/stay at home moms) or other "respectable" members of society.

But I have one already.  I love it and think it's beautiful.  It's beautiful to me because it's meaningful and something I know I won't tire of.  It was never meant to be a fashion statement nor a statement of any kind.  It wasn't a spur of the moment decision.  So this isn't an issue of whether I want one.  I have one.

I actually walked into the tattoo studio yesterday but left without one because they didn't have any appointments available but I'm not really contemplating another.  I know I'm going to get one.  Location and content to be revealed at a later time.

Now that I'm a mother, of course the thought of whether I want my nuggets to see mommy's tattoos or whether I'd approve if they got one has crossed my mind.  Without getting into too intense or serious of a discussion, so long as they stay on the straight and narrow like I have and use their utmost discretion (and run it by me a million times before actually doing it), I won't have a heart attack.

One thing I did leave the studio with:







Love it.


And further to my last post (and somewhat of a non sequitur but what else is new?), baby body parts are the best, aren't they?










Everything's just so plump and precious...

No comments:

Post a Comment